Monday, May 26, 2014

Oh My My Alexander

Yup ... This blog is dedicated to Alexander.... Not just any Alexander. It's Alexander Medical Center. Story telling time!!!!! So Last Wednesday, I went to different places to drop off new signages for HSF. Alexander Medical Center was one of them. Hannah and Carol  (my lovely supervisors) told me that I might need to pay $5 or $6 (flat rate) for the parking ticket, which I think it's an overcharge, but anyway, Hannah give me $6, so that I can pay for it. I went to different place first. My last destination was Alexander Medical Center. First, I had a problem because I couldn't find my way in
. (Silly me), but with great help from Carol, I got in. So I dropped off the Signage and then try to get out of that place. And I found out that I have lost the $5 that Hannah gave me. (Clumsy me!!!! ) It might have fallen off somewhere when I was changing the signage at other places. So, naturally I tried to find my wallet. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my wallet !!! By the time I realized I have NO money on my hand, I freaked out. I tried to talk to some people in the building and asked for help but apparently they cannot do anything. It's $5 guys! Come on! Anyway, as a last resort, I tried to talk to people from the parking service. Apparently, they operate the parking services only with machine, so there is no ACTUAL person who could help me! So, I called them from the Intercom. The girl told me she could not do anything and I have to go back to get my wallet. Really ? I lived like 8.3 km (with the help of Google, I know the exact distance). How am I going to walk back ?? So I told them, I cannot do anything. So, they said I might need to pay EXTRA $25 which total comes to $30 for not being able to pay right away. I decided that it's my fault,so I deserve to pay it. I said I will pay for it. She collected my information, but the intercom cut off after a certain time, so right after I gave her my number, the line was cut. So, I called again and they didn't pick up and they didn't open the gate either. So, I called again and they didn't pick up. So, I decided to call their main office, I talked to this young lady and she said her boss will ask them to open the gate. So, there I was, waiting. But the gate never opened. So, I called from the intercom again and have to go through all the explaining again. But the girl cannot help much. Since, it's lunch time, it becomes a line up and one of the lady came out and help me talk to them. Finally, they opened it for me! Yay!!! off I go. It was such a hassle though and unnecessary waste of time there. I went home, got my wallet, and I called the main office to pay and the young lady asked me "did they open the gate?" and I was like "NO". She was very polite and said sorry to me and she charged me $5. And she said she doesn't need to charge Extra $25 because it's policy for lost ticket :S not paying right after I left because I don't have cash on me. When I went back to the office, I told Carol and Hannah about my experiences and they totally understand the situation! I am so glad to have such awesome supervisors who accept me for being me and forgive me for my clumsiness.
This is the end of the story ! It is not "Everyone live happily ever after" but it is  "Chit learned her lesson not to be clumsy."
This is all for today. It is a lovely day and I hope everyone have a great day.
Chit

No comments:

Post a Comment