Friday, September 26, 2014

Chit's Post Internship Post ;)

I have been thinking of writing a blog post on how my experience as a social media intern at GPHSF helped me for pursue of my career. However, it is a little too late, but I guess it’s better late than never. First thing first, I am not really a good writer; my writing skill is super weak, so bear with me. As long as, you can understand my story, I am happy.
 I did my internship as a social media intern at GPHSF in May. I was there only for a month, but that experience alone helped me a lot during job-hunting period. First is the impression that I paid back the community I lived in by offering my internship at a non-profit organization like GPHSF. We are actively involved in social media, which in turn, showed the employers that being a social media intern is not just a position, but also an actual job and has distinctive publicity benefits. I told them in the interview, how we work together and how we enjoy working for the foundation, I find that the potential employers are impressed most of the time. But, that’s not the only benefit that I get from GPHSF.
During my internship at GPHSF, I learned that mistakes are lessons to learn and later to be used. Mistakes are not scary at all. Someone who never did anything wrong is most likely someone who never did anything. So, I learned how to challenge myself and be bold and be myself. I am very thankful both Hannah and Carol for teaching me and letting me how to be myself. Like I said, I did so many mistakes while I was working for GPHSF (you can see my very first post about my experience at Alexander Medical Center. FYI, it was hectic. ) However, that experience alone taught me how to handle in such situation. I am very thankful that our lovely executive director Hannah and communication coordinator Carol for being so supportive.
I have learned my lessons, but I guess they never really end. Life is going to keep giving me lessons in the form of mistakes. It’s up to me to learn them and used them to my benefits. Thank you all for reading my little post and keep on rocking Team GPHSF !!!!!


 Chit

No comments:

Post a Comment